The updated program tells that the speakers will include:
- Coryne Hall on They Were Not all Kings - Lesser Known Descendants of Christian IX
- Ricardo Mateos Sainz de Medrano on The Infanta Eulalia of Spain
- Colin Parrish on Aunt Gloucester- the Life of Queen Victoria’s aunt, Princess Mary
- Margreeth Pop-Jansen on Portraits of Royal Children
- Helen Rappaport on Four Sisters - the research behind her just released latest book on the daughters of Nicholas II followed by a signing session at Van Hoogstraten's bookstall
- Ian Shapiro on Royal Manuscripts and Letters from Elizabeth I
- Katrina Warne on Residences of the Russian Imperial Family
- John Wimbles on The Duchess of Edinburgh’s Farewell to England
- Charlotte Zeepvat on Maurice of Battenberg
Booksellers van Hoogstraten of the Hague will be in attendance til teatime on Sunday 6 April, and they can take orders in advance if you wish them to bring books from their shop. Judith Grant will have a Royal Ephemera stall on the Saturday only.
There will also be the usual bring and buy Royal Ephemera sale, and it will be possible to buy second-hand books as well.
Cost: for all lectures, tea, coffee and snacks, two buffet lunches & one evening meal with wine:
- £110 for those paying in sterling before Feb 28th 2014
- £115 for those paying with Paypal; or sterling later than Feb 28th 2014
Go here for my article about the 2011 conference and here for the 2013 conference.
I would have loved to attend the conference, but it will have to pass this year. My wife and I bought a new home last fall, and as it took so long to sell our old flat, we will have to reduce the number of trips abroad this year. I hope to make a comeback next year instead!